by W. S. Gilbert
The flowers that bloom in the spring, tra la,...Breathe promise of merry sunshine - As we merrily dance and we sing, tra la, We welcome the hope that they bring, tra la, Of a summer of roses and wine, Of a summer of roses and wine. And that's what we mean when we say that a thing Is welcome as flowers that bloom in the spring. Tra la la la la, Tra la la la la, The flowers that bloom in the spring...
Hello, from the Earring Whisperer! Thank you for popping in!
I'll admit it, I'm happily a bit of a Gilbert Sullivan operetta nerd....most of you guys are going, huh, a whaa???...lol My beading buddy, Martha, doesn't care for it, and wants me turn it off when it rolls through the Pandora station on our beading night. Oh, horror!!...lol
Anyway, while playing in the studio stash of beads and thinking of this month's art bead post, I kept pulling out florals and singing the song above. So, I thought it would be fun and interesting to take a grouping of similarly themed art beads and see what combinations I could come up with!
Beautiful porcelain round floral charms by Something To Do Beads; a duo of ceramic kitties by Gaea Handmade; porcelain spikes covered with posies by Kiyoi Design; polymer clay cane spacers by Humblebeads; metal rings of petite polymer roses by Tesori Trovati Jewerly and some hand painted spacers by me....oops, one of my painted beads seems to have rolled out of the shot, sorry..lol
A little vintage flair! Ceramic poise spikes with an iridescent glaze, rhinestone
crowns and altered plastic puff beads that have been hand dyed.
Flower crowns of roses atop the heads of some sweet kitties...why not! I crisscrossed the wrapping on the clear crystal to look a bit like the way ballet slippers are tied.
And, a more modern take by stacking pattern and texture.Here is where you can shop for some lovely supplies:
- Floral posies spikes: http://www.kiyoidesign.etsy.com/
- ceramic kitties: http://www.gaea.cc/
- Polymer rose crowns: http://www.tesoritrovati.com/
- Porcelain floral disc charms: http://www.somethingtodobeads.etsy.com/
- Polymer cane spacers: https://www.humblebeads.com/
- Oxidized copper wire: http://www.artwearelements.etsy.com/
- Plastic puffs: http://www.shipwreckdandysupply.etsy.com/
- Rhinestone crowns: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheParisCarouselUntil next time!Loralee ...my etsy shop
loralee kolton, artful jewerly in beads