Friday, May 30, 2014

May Monthly Challenge Recap

I have to apologize for the lack of a Perfect Pairings post on Wednesday. I have been having some technical difficulties this week accessing the Flickr pool. That and I was busy with the funeral for my 89 year old mother-in-law. A good long life. We can all hope to be blessed with so many years.


Our challenge painting for this month is the Capriccio Padovano by Bernardo Bellato. My mother-in-law always wanted to travel. She would have loved this romantic Italian scene. Perhaps one day I can travel abroad as she never did. This landscape with the infinite waterways, the mountains rising in the distance, the strong architectural details and the shape-shifting clouds makes me want to travel to this place to see if it is still standing. There is a quality of light in this painting that is at once soothing and energizing. There was a wide range of inspirations from this one painting, and each of them is a marvelous exercise in creative interpretation.


Your turn!
Click the InLinz Link-up below to add your blog post to the hop!
Please add your exact URL to the blog hop for the
May 2014 Art Bead Scene Monthly Challenge Recap.
 

1 comment:

Sajuno said...

I'm a little confused and this might not be the place to post my question. I am new in submitting responses to the monthly art challenge. It seems that submissions close before the end of the month by a few days. The monthly overview was actually posted last night, Thurs. Does anyone know the actual deadline for submissions? I'm one who tends to pull things together at the last minute. Thanks. A comment: I love this process and all the different creations. This is a great site, really inspiring.