Friday, May 11, 2012

Lucky Mom Bracelet - Free Project

I love the saying, "There is one perfect child. Every mother has one." I am pretty sure I have two. When my little ones ask "What was it like when you were my age?", It just melts my heart and I feel so lucky to be able to answer them. My grandmother had a charm bracelet that would mesmerize me. When I asked, sometimes the charm had a special story "We were on vacation in Mexico..." or "Your mother picked that out with grandpa for my birthday." Other times the memory was not so clear...

The memory of that bracelet made me think how lucky I am as a mom. The little sweet thing our children say and do, tinkle and shine like little charms in our hearts.

As a parent, I am far from perfect, but I am perfectly lucky.
Lucky Mom Bracelet

Supplies:
Lucky pewter charm
Ceramic bird charm
3 ceramic heart charms
Kiss charm
7 polymer spacer beads
16 ceramic mini beads
6 jump/split rings
2 crimp beads
2 crimp covers
Stringing wire
Copper hook and ring

Tools:
Wire cutters
Crimp tool
Love

1. Add jump/split rings to charms and arrange your beads and charms into a balanced design.
2. Attach stringing wire to copper hook with a crimp bead. Cover crimp with crimp cover.
3. String beads and charms onto wire and add copper ring after final bead.
4. Close with crimp bead and cover.




Lucky charm: http://www.greengirlstudios.com/
Bird charm: http://www.earthenwoodstudio.com/
Polymer spacer beads: http://www.humblebeads.etsy.com/
Ceramic beads and charms: http://www.gaea.cc/

I am lucky to have many special memories with my mom and grand mother. What special jewelry memories do you have with yours?

2 comments:

Susanm said...

Before I got married, my mother gave me my grandmother's engagement ring. I was very close to her, so it was very special. The ring had a larger diamond, surrounded by 4 smaller ones. Because of damage to the larger stone, we had the ring re-made. The stones were re-set into a more modern setting and they were able to use the white gold from from my grandmother's ring and gold from my wedding ring. So I have a ring that suits my taste but still connects me to my beloved Nana.

Dionne said...

Thank you for this tutorial. If given the chance, and if the slot will be available, I want to feature this tutorial to our page as well.
Diybeadingclub.com
Diylessons.org
Handmade-Jewelry-Club.com