Thursday, September 10, 2009

Editor's Choice - Kandinsky

Here are some of my top picks for this month's challenge from our Art Bead Scene editor's shops.
Black and Brights Toggle by Jangles
Make Art Tag Charm by Lynn Davis
Cosmic Button by Creative Impressions in Clay
Surreal Rhythms in Blue by Cindy Gimbrone
Take whatever part of the painting that catches your eye and translate that into beads. Maybe it's a few of the colors. Or it might be Kandinsky's bold black line that captures your imagination, try recreating that vibrancy in wire. You might see the "trees" in his painting. That is one of the things our brain does when we look at abstract art, we try to define it by shapes that are familiar. There are no right or wrong ways to interpret the painting into jewelry. Just have fun while you do it!

7 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Thanks for the eye candy today! I really need to get going on this challenge and this is just the kick in the pants that I need.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Nicky said...

I really like the first one.
Pat x

Gail W. said...

I like all the color combos',but the first thing I see every time I look at the painting,I see my big white poodle!
Gail

Azure Accessories said...

Love the interpretations!!!

Cheers

Alice said...

Beautiful beads! All very different, yet they follow along with the theme nicely.

Thanks for sharing!

Cyndi L said...

Love Jennifer's toggle!

Anonymous said...

Humblebeads, the are awesome!