Friday, August 29, 2008

The Bead Scoop: Blue Buddha Boutique



Jump rings are elevated to a new level at the Blue Buddha Boutique. Blue Buddha's jump rings come in a variety of metals, colors, diameters and wire gauges. You can go classic metal in sterling, copper, brass and steel or punch it up a bit with color mixes such as the Persian Rug and Earth Mixes.


Now maybe you're inspired to design with jump rings. Try chain maille. Blue Buddha Boutique offers well-written, easy to learn free tutorials that enticed me to try my hand at mail.

Written by Cindy Gimbrone, new chain maille addict and glass beadmaker.

5 comments:

ohdawno said...

I really want to do chain maille, but I'm already trying several new things! Prioritizing is hard when you "want.all.shinys.NOW" :-)

So, I've bookmarked the site. Thanks for posting about it - getting a kit with all the right components and instructions is exactly what I'll need!

Anonymous said...

Every time I run into something new I have to do it. lol And this would be fun and what a great gift!

Miachelle said...

I really like Blue Buddha products. I like that they are the best US seller of jump rings. I do use the Ring Lord as well, depending on my needs and my budget, but the color consistency is much better with Blue Buddha. Welcome to the world of chain maille. I found it addicting!!!

Suzann Wilson said...

These are really cool! Seeing all the different colors makes me feel like I am looking at a gaint crayon box! They would also be great for connecting pendents when you don't want silver or gold to take away from the piece. Definately a site to bookmark!

In Beads and Happiness,
Suzann Wilson
No e Disigns

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I want a big bag of those Niobium rings! So many cool things to do with those!