Thursday, June 19, 2008

Findings Worth Finding - Bronze Age

I was fortunate enough to have a booth next to a metal and clay artist at my last bead show. She had these amazing bronze clasps and pendants. Shame on me for not sharing them sooner! They have a very beautiful warm/silver tone to them. I also love that they are bronze and that somehow feels ancient to me and gives the jewelry an instant sense of history. While you are at the site, check out the lovely Flamin' Turtle Raku selection too.

3 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

Did you hear about the new Bronze PMC that is coming out shortly? You can look at the new Art Jewelry magazine for more information.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Are they heavier than the fine silver (.999) that you get with silver metal clay? Look beautiful, will have to do research on bronze, wonder if it patinas well. Thanks, Heather, for sharing, will go over and check out the selection. Lynn

Heather Powers said...

Thanks Andrew, I will have to check that out. I haven't played with pmc in so long, but I might have to give the bronze a try.

Lynn, if Zoa Art is any indication, it patinas beautifully. They have the most amazing bronze wings, they almost look like raku:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5353349